Compressed Natural Gas, or CNG, is a domestically produced, clean alternative fuel source that can save your fleet money while producing cleaner air for the environment and the children that we transport. On average, a gallon equivalent of CNG is 25 to 45 percent less than a gallon of diesel!1
Over the last decade, U.S. shale gas production has increased 12-fold and now comprises about 25 percent of total U.S. Production.2 As natural gas reservoirs fill and domestic prices drop, the amount of
fuel imported from outside North America is decreasing - less than 1
percent of domestically used natural gas is imported from outside North
The Top 5 Advantages of CNG
- CNG costs less than Diesel.
- The gallon equivalent of Compressed Natural Gas is typically 25 to 45 percent less than the cost of a gallon of Diesel fuel. That is a big savings right away!
- CNG is better for the environment.
- According to the California Air Resources Board, natural gas can reduce greenhouse gas emissions by 20-23 percent when compared with diesel vehicles.
- Nearly all of CNG in North America is domestically produced.
- Nearly 98 percent of all natural gas used in the U.S. comes from North America. Canada produces 18 percent and the lower 48-states produce nearly 85 percent of the U.S.' natural gas.
- Blue Bird's All American RE CNG bus delivers the same reliable performance and ease of maintenance as our diesel models.
- The quality and expertise of Blue Bird can be seen in our reliable All American RE models, whether you choose diesel or CNG. We have built these buses to be easy to maintain and to give you the best performance throughout the life of the vehicle. Plus, natural gas' low carbon content translates into longer oil change intervals, less engine wear and a longer engine life.
- CNG stations are opening across the country.
- With the price of foreign oils on the rise, there has been an increase in alternative fuel stations across the country, including CNG stations. To find a station near you, as well as the prices of CNG in your area, visit CNGPrices.com.
Since 1991, our Transit-style Type D All American Rear Engine has been available with a proven and reliable Cummins CNG Engine, backed with one of the best warranties in the business. Click here to learn more about our All American RE CNG bus and the benefits it offers in saving money and the environment.
2. Increase of U.S. Shale Production - Energy.Gov
3. Natural Gas Supply - NGVA